Michaels “15 Days of Slime” Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Michaels “15 Days of Slime” Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and Washington, DC who are of the age of majority in their state of residence as of October 7, 2018. Employees of Michaels Stores, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Sanford, L.P. (“Sanford”) and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies, and persons living in the same household as such employees and the immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law or restricted in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on October 7, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CST on October 21, 2018 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on October 21, 2018 to be eligible. Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for the Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER; ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: There is only one (1) method of entry.
- Visit www.michaelskids.com/slimechallenge (the “Website”);
- Complete the online entry form, which includes your email address and the title of your
- upload a .mov or .mp4 file of no more than 200MB that is between 30 and 60 seconds in length depicting your slime creation (collectively, an “Entry”)
There is no limit to the number of qualifying Entries an individual can make during the Contest Period. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Failure to provide true and accurate information will automatically disqualify you from participating in the Contest. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
Each Entry must be suitable for family audiences. Without limitation, this means that the Entry and anything accompanying the Entry (including, without limitation tags and captions) must not contain any material, words or images or other content that:
- is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- contains profanity or sexual content;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms or weapons;
- contains commercial messages or endorsements regarding third party products or services;
- is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States;
- has been copied or plagiarized. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the designed entrant;
- violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark or other identifier of source, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (whether living or deceased) (including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light);
- appears to result in any injury or bodily harm; and/or
- is lewd or inappropriate or offensive or not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or Canson’s image, including nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are otherwise objectionable to Sponsor or Sanford.
Any Entry that, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, violates any of the above or other prohibitions and/or representations or warranties of entrant may be disqualified from the Contest and/or removed by Sponsor. In the event that an entrant or Entry is edited, removed and/or disqualified, entrant is not relieved from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules. No Entry may be submitted on behalf of another person.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use or not use (or remove) Entries in any way it sees fit without notification or further consent or payment of any kind.
3. SELECTION OF THE PRIZE WINNERS. On or before October 22, 2018, all Entries will be judged by a panel of five judges designated by Sponsor. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: creativity of the slime (50%); quality of the video production (50%). Each of the fifteen Entries receiving the highest scores will be named provisional Daily Prize Winners. In addition, the single highest overall score will be named the provisional Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the respective Prize will be awarded to the Entry with the highest score in the “creativity of the slime” category. Sponsor will attempt to notify the provisional Prize Winners via e-mail on October 22, 2018.
Unless otherwise prohibited, all provisional Prize Winners will be required to sign and return an Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Affidavit (“Affidavit”) within three (3) calendar days of notification attempt, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Forfeited prizes will be awarded to the next runner up (e.g., in the event of the Prize being forfeited, the next highest score will be contacted as a Provisional Prize Winner, etc.) Sponsor’s decision is final in all matters relating to the Contest. Following timely receipt of the Affidavit as required by Sponsor and confirmation by Sponsor of compliance with the Official Rules, a provisional prize winner will be confirmed a winner and will receive the applicable prize for his or her Entry.
4. PRIZES. Each Daily Prize Winner will receive a Michaels Slime Party sponsored by Elmer’s. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a year’s supply of Elmer’s glue (fulfilled as fifty-two (52) 5-fl. oz. bottles of Elmer’s Clear Glue), valued at four hundred and forty dollars ($440.00), and a $500 Michaels gift card. The Grand Prize winning Entry will be posted on Michaels’ YouTube channel, and the recipe for the Grand Prize winning Entry will be posted on the Michaels KIDS microsite. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Daily Prize is one hundred and twenty dollars ($120.00). The ARV of the Grand Prize is nine hundred and forty dollars ($940.00). The ARV of all Prizes awarded in this Contest is two thousand seven hundred and forty dollars ($2,740.00). ALL PRIZES AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
5. TAMPERING WITH CONTEST: Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and/or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of any Prize constitutes permission by Sponsor to use the name and likeness of the Prize Winner for advertising and publicity purposes in perpetuity without further compensation, review, notice, or approval, throughout the world, in all media and means whether now known or later discovered.
7. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Sanford, and each of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (the “Contest Entities”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, illegible entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
8. CONTENT. You are solely responsible for the content, text, information, photos, video, images, graphics, or other information that you enter in the Contest. You understand and agree that Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, review and delete or remove any Entry that in the sole judgment of Sponsor violates these rules or for any other reason. By entering the Contest, you hereby grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, perform, display, modify, publish, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such entry, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses to do the foregoing. In addition, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or guardian of any minors identifiable in your Entry, or that you have secured a Waiver and Release from the parent or guardian of any minors identifiable in your photograph or artwork. Winning entries will be required to provide such a Waiver and Release, if applicable. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any entry from the Contest and/or Website and/or any platform or site at which it is posted at their discretion. If Sponsor removes an entry from the Website and/or any platform or site, Sponsor will not be required to provide the reason for such removal.
9. COPYRIGHT POLICY. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any entry in the Contest infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for further detail): A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed or a person authorized to act on their behalf; Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of the copyrighted works; Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the entry; Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the owner or agent, such as an address, telephone number, and email address; A statement that the owner or agent has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Our designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of infringement claims is: Legal Dept./Copyright Claims, Michaels Stores, Inc., 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, Texas 75063, Telephone: (972) 409-1300.
10. GOVERNING LAW/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Contest Entities in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The exclusive forum and venue for any dispute regarding the Contest shall be in the state and federal courts located in Dallas County, Texas.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Michaels 15 Days of Slime Contest” Winners List, Attn.: Marketing Program Specialist, 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063. Residents of Vermont are not required to provide a self-addressed stamped envelope. Requests must be received no later than sixty (60) days after the Contest Period ends.
Sponsor: Michaels Stores, Inc., 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063