Rewards Terms and Conditions
MICHAELS REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions contain an arbitration provision and waiver of significant legal rights. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
- The Michaels Rewards program is sponsored by Michaels Stores, Inc. (“we” or “us”) and is valid in the United States only.
- Benefits, rewards and rewards vouchers have no cash value and are not refundable or redeemable for cash value.
- Become a Michaels Rewards member by signing up with your email address and phone number in store or online at michaels.com/rewards.
- If you are already a Michaels Rewards member before 8/2, no need to sign up again.
- By becoming a member of the Michaels Rewards program, members:
- Consent to these Terms and Conditions, which we may change at any time, effective upon posting at michaels.com/rewards/terms.
- Agree to receive advertising, marketing materials and other communications from us. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, you will continue to receive emails regarding your account and rewards status, but you will not receive emails communicating rewards offers. To enjoy all the benefits of the program, members must be opted in to receive marketing materials as offers will be communicated via email.
- Agree that membership, accounts, accrued benefits and rewards are not transferable nor assignable, not redeemable for cash, have no cash value, and are not for resale or auction.
- Understand the Michaels Rewards program may be terminated at any time without any further obligation to members.
- Michaels Rewards program membership is open to individuals of at least 18 years of age who are residents of one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and maintain a valid email address. Rewards will be earned only on transactions in the United States or on michaels.com. There is no fee for membership.
- Abuse of the Michaels Rewards program, including failure to follow program policies and procedures; the transfer, sale or barter of rewards, vouchers, or product, benefits or promotional offers; buying of products for resale; and any misrepresentation of fact or other improper conduct as determined by us in our sole judgment, may result in cancellation of the member’s account and future disqualification from program participation, and forfeiture of all benefits. In connection with the enforcement of any of the terms and conditions governing the Michaels Rewards program, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, as we deem necessary, and to recover damages, attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- We reserve the right to interpret and apply the policies and procedures communicated in these terms and conditions. All determinations made by us shall be final and conclusive in each case. These terms and conditions supersede all previously published terms and conditions.
- Michaels Rewards members can view account activity online at michaels.com/account. For information about an individual account or any other program-related questions or information, or to cancel membership, contact Customer Relations by mail at: 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063; by email at email@example.com; or by phone toll free at: 1-800-Michaels.
- We reserve the right to cancel an individual membership at any time, in our sole discretion.
- Members will be eligible to earn rewards, on Rewards Specials and Bonus Rewards offers.
- Rewards Specials are special offers related to featured products promoted on a weekly basis. Rewards will be awarded on Rewards Specials purchases made in U.S. stores or online at michaels.com.
- Bonus Rewards are personalized offers based on the member’s purchase behavior. Rewards will be awarded on Bonus Rewards purchases made in U.S. stores or online at michaels.com.
- Rewards earned will show up in Rewards member’s account up to 48 hours after the eligible purchase.
- We reserve the right to make Michaels Rewards benefits and promotional offers available to select Michaels Rewards members based on purchase activity, geographic location, or program participation.
- Rewards dollars cannot be earned on certain purchases, which include but may not be limited to purchases of clearance merchandise and gift cards. Exclusions also including any purchases made before 8/2/20.
- These offers will be shared through members’ Weekly Rewards emails, online in their Michaels Rewards account or app and through weekly promotional flyers which can be found in U.S. stores.
- Rewards will be credited to your account for eligible purchases made when you give the email address or phone number associated with your account at check out. If you forget to do so, but already have an existing account, you have 14 days after the date of purchase to add that transaction. You can do that by logging in here and adding the transaction or visit our Contact Us page here.
- The maximum rewards a member can earn per day is limited to $150. Specific Michaels Rewards offers may include other caps on the total dollars members may earn per transaction or day. We also reserve the right to cap overall annual rewards accumulation.
- At this time, purchases on https://www.michaels.com/michaelspro, https://www.michaelsphotogifts.com/ , https://www.minted.com/lp/michaels, & https://www.michaelscustomframing.com/ will not be eligible for earning Rewards.
- For each $5 in Rewards earned, members will receive a $5 Rewards voucher on the following Friday. Rewards vouchers are issued within 10 days once you reach your $5 threshold. These will be automatically emailed to the member using the email address associated with the member’s Michaels Rewards account only upon accumulation of Rewards dollars in each $5 increment. Max voucher amount issued per week is $150. These vouchers, when issued, can also be found in the Michaels Rewards member’s online or app account.
- These vouchers can be used on eligible products purchased in U.S. stores or online at michaels.com. There is a limit of five vouchers per online purchases.
- Vouchers cannot be used for Michaels Photo Gifts & Minted or custom framing purchases on michaelscustomframing.com.
- Vouchers are valid for 32 days from date of issue. Prior to the voucher’s expiration date, members will be able to use their vouchers in multiple transactions until the balance is depleted. For example, if a member uses a $5 Rewards voucher for a $3 purchase, the remaining $2 will stay on the Rewards voucher until the member depletes it on a subsequent purchase(s), but for no longer than 32 days from the date of issuance.
- Should a member’s Michaels Rewards account balance fail to reach the $5 threshold for 12 consecutive months, the Rewards in the member’s account balance will expire. For example, if a member has $3 in Rewards dollars earned in September 2020, and the Rewards are not converted into a voucher for 12 months, the Rewards will expire and be removed from the member’s account in September 2021.
- Rewards vouchers are not redeemable for cash. Rewards vouchers may not be redeemed on the purchase of tax, shipping and gift cards. Michaels Rewards members may be notified of additional ineligible products and services. Lost, stolen or expired Rewards vouchers will not be replaced.
- Members must be in good standing under the Michaels Rewards program Terms and Conditions at the time of Rewards voucher redemption.
- When redeeming your voucher, you must provide your Rewards account information.
- If you are making a return and already earned Rewards for the purchase, those Rewards will be deducted from your Rewards account. If you used a Rewards voucher, you will be issued a refund in Rewards vouchers and/or Rewards.
REWARDS ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Michaels will assign a Rewards account to each member who provides a unique associated phone number and email address.
- Michaels Rewards members can use only one membership account per transaction.
- Updating your Rewards account:
- If your phone number or email address has changed, please visit our Contact Us page here.
- If you do not update this information associated with your Michaels Rewards account, that phone number or email address cannot be associated with any new member account.
- If your current phone number and/or email address is already associated with another Michaels Rewards account, please visit our Contact Us page here.
- Note: updating your Rewards information does not update your Michaels sign in account. You can make those updates here.
- For any questions related to managing your Michaels Rewards account, go to Michaels Rewards FAQ or visit our Contact Us page here.
- Please read this "Arbitration Section” carefully. It affects rights that you may otherwise have. It provides for resolution of most disputes through arbitration instead of through court trials and class actions. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court, uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, and discovery is more limited. Arbitration is final and binding and subject to only very limited review by a court. This arbitration clause shall survive termination of these Terms and Conditions.
- No amendment to this Arbitration Section will apply to a dispute of which we had actual notice on the date of such amendment. Any termination of this Arbitration Section will not be effective (i) until 10 days after reasonable notice of termination is given to Michaels Rewards members by posting revised Terms and Conditions at michaels.com/rewards/terms; or (ii) as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
- BINDING ARBITRATION REQUIRED. This provision is intended to be interpreted broadly to encompass all disputes or claims arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, your access to or participation in Michaels Rewards, or your relationship with us. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, your access to or participation in Michaels Rewards, or your relationship with Michaels or any subsidiary, parent or affiliate company or companies (whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory) will be resolved by binding arbitration, except that either of us may take claims to small claims court if they qualify for hearing by such a court.
- Opt Out. You may choose to pursue your claim in court and not by arbitration if you opt out of this arbitration provision within 30 days from the date you registered for a Michaels Rewards account (the "Opt-Out Deadline"). Michaels Rewards members with accounts existing on August 2, 2020 may opt out within 30 days from August 2, 2020. You may opt out of these arbitration procedures by sending us a written notice that you opt out to the following address: may opt out of these arbitration procedures by sending us a written notice that you opt out to 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063. Any opt out received after the Opt-Out Deadline (allowing three (3) additional days for mailing) will not be valid, and you must pursue your claim in arbitration or small claims court. Opting out will not adversely affect your membership status in the Michaels Rewards program.
- Arbitration Procedures. For all disputes, whether pursued in court or arbitration, you must first send a written description of your claim to our Customer Relations department at 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063, to allow us an opportunity to resolve the dispute. You and we each agree to negotiate your claim in good faith. You may request arbitration if your claim or dispute cannot be resolved within 60 days of submission of your written notice.
- The arbitration of any dispute or claim shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), including the AAA's Consumer Arbitration Rules (as applicable), as modified by these Terms and Conditions. The AAA Rules and information about arbitration and fees are available online at www.adr.org. You and we agree that these Terms and Conditions, including this Arbitration Section, will be governed by Texas state law. Any arbitration will be held in a reasonably convenient location in the state in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language. An arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available in a court, including injunctive or declaratory relief to the extent required to satisfy your individual claim, and must follow and enforce these Terms and Conditions as a court would. Any arbitration shall be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award. Judgment on any arbitration award may be entered in any court having proper jurisdiction. You and we agree that the arbitrator(s) should decide the matter without a testimonial hearing if the material facts are undisputed. Either party may appeal an arbitration award to any court of proper jurisdiction only if the amount, or value of injunctive relief, in dispute exceeds $25,000. Appeals may result in reversal or modification of an award based on errors of law or factual findings that lack substantial evidentiary basis.
- CLASS ACTION WAIVER. You and we each agree that any proceeding, whether in arbitration or in court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If a court or arbitrator determines in an action between you and us that this class action waiver is unenforceable, this Arbitration Section will be void as to you. If you opt out of this Arbitration Section as specified above, this class action waiver provision will not apply to you. NEITHER YOU, NOR ANY OTHER CUSTOMER, CAN BE A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER, OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING WITHOUT HAVING COMPLIED WITH THE OPT-OUT PROCEDURE SET FORTH ABOVE.
- JURY TRIAL WAIVER. IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN THROUGH ARBITRATION, YOU AND WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
- Any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your participation in Michaels Rewards will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall have no applicability. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts located in Dallas County, Texas.
- If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision will be severed from these Terms and Conditions, and such occurrence will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- We test our sites and applications to meet or exceed the standards set forth in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA, which is recognized as the current international standard measure of digital accessibility. See here for our full ADA Digital Accessibility Statement.